Friday, April 8, 2016

The Birds of Springtime


After spending the winter in Florida I have returned to the north where I thought it would be in a warming trend. Wrong!!! The temps have been in the 40's - 50's during the day and teens to 20's at night. Quite a change from the 70's - 80's I was used to having.  It was so cold last night that the water froze in the bird bath. The good news is the birds don't seem to mind and they are ecstatic that I am back and the seed feeders are back up and full. I've seen more birds in the past week then I have ever seen at this time of the year. That should be a good sign that the migrating birds will be coming through soon. It is supposed to start warming up this weekend and all next week. Hope I can get a nice day and head up to the Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge for a day of bird photography.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Brown Thrasher

House Finch - Juvenile

Slate-colored Junco

American Goldfinch

White-throated Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow - Adult

Carolina Wren

Eastern Phoebe

Carolina Chickadee

Downy Woodpecker - Male

White-breasted Nuthatch

American Goldfinch

Blue Jay

Downy Woodpecker - Female

Tufted Titmouse

House Finch - Male

Cardinal

Mourning Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment